Sunday, May 23, 2010

Nature Cake

This cake was created for a colleague's daughter. She's eighteen, loves nature and favourite colour is lime green. I was unable to achieve lime green from my set of Wilton's colours but I did manage to add many details into the cake so that it looked interesting.

A monkey, as she was born in the year of the monkey



A tiny red bird to add colour. I later found out from my colleague that Lydia''s favourite colour at the moment is red!


Tiny ducks.



A frog. And butterflies using one of the latest sugar tools I got myself.


I forgot to tell my colleague not to place cake in fridge. The lemon pound cake and buttercream was dense and hard right out of the fridge. I had used the cake recipe from Rose's Heavenly Cakes and buttercream recipe from Okashi. I did not get to try the cake, but the buttercream was light and heavenly. I cannot wait to try it on cupcakes, to make those swirly cream toppings.

2 comments:

Hearts and Hands said...

Hi! I showed your creations to my mother in law and she was very impressed. Was it the lemon almond cake that you made from the RHC? It's delicious! By the way, the charity now has a blog www.heartsandhandscakes.blogspot.com. or just google "hearts and hands cakes". Feel free to visit!

Gina Choong said...

hello..pretty cake. :) Lime Green is made with ChefMaster's Leaf Green and Lemon Yellow. 2 drops of Leaf Green and 1 drop of Lemon Yellow. :)