Thursday, October 11, 2007

Farewell... Adious

This cake was made back in August, when a dear colleague decides to leave for greener, eh, to be politically correct, new pastures.


Which animals are in constant look-out for greener, eh, new pastures? Sheeps of course. My little lambs are made of fondant with royal icing wool. The body is a mini sausage sized fondant. Royal icing piped with round tip, all over the mini sausage, except for bottom and front. Royal icing will appear pointed, hence you'd need to smooth out the points with your finger.



I also made mini fondant flowers in three different colours using fondant cutters.

Pebbles are just black and white marbled fondant pressed flat.

So, here is my final "We'll miss ewe!" cake.





If you can read the words on the pole, it says 'new pastures'. Well, some people move on, others stay but life goes on!!

3 comments:

SIG said...

Wow, they are really great. YOu are so creative. I've never worked with fondant. I'm not very artistic.

GFAD said...

Soooo cute! The little black faces are adorable!! :D

I saw this kind of board sold but other than being able to cut into precise slices, what else can it do?

bakeAstory said...

Hi! Glad you liked it... its one of my personal favourites too.

Actually I am not that creative, I get inspiration from other creative people on the internet.

ka..t, actually I just use the board for cutting fondant and as a placemat to dry by fondant creations...