Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Volkswagen cake

This is my first paid cake. My first order from a very kind friend for her beloved hubby. I was told that he was looking forward to upgrade to a Volkswagen Golf.


For an entire week, I was extremely bothered. I could not trust myself to create an edible car without it looking like a cartoon. So this is what I came up with :





The cake is a 7 inch round, cut into 1/3, 2/3 pieces and the smaller piece placed on top of the bigger piece (can understand?), to form the couch. Frosted in pale blue fresh cream. Man and cushion is fondant. The 'dream cloud' is white chocolate. Car is made from layers of fondant. I also used the tip of a toothpick to write the car plate number and outline the lights.



Overall, I liked the appearance of the cake.. with a touch of humour.

Update (26 June 2008) - this guy's dream got fulfilled this year. Congratulations!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wah! so nice! I wish for a BMW ;)

bakeAstory said...

thanks Yu Hsin. Thanks for visiting.